Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Welcome, Jollene Lynn!!




On May 25 and 26, I got to play "doula" for my cousin while she had an absolutely beautiful, natural birth. It was such an amazing experience. There are hardly words to convey what it meant to me, and the ways it changed me. It felt so "right" for me. I think I've found the one thing I'd want to do in all the world besides being a wife and mother!

My cousin did an excellent job giving birth. She was amazingly strong!! Little Jollene Lynn is so beautiful! I'm just as proud of her as can be!

I prayed a lot during the birth, and could really sense God was present and at work. I know that He was truly made strong in my weakness! I really didn't feel like I knew what I was doing at all in trying to be there for my cousin, but I know that God certainly knew what He was doing. Truly an exciting and fulfilling experience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment