Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pride? Who, me?! Nooo....

Okay, so I know what I wrote last post. But... PLEASE someone, tell me how to kill pride!! What is it in us that makes us want to fight back so much? Even if I succeed in biting my tongue, (which really HURTS, by the way) on the inside the pressure is mounting. I'm getting ready to blow. Maybe I seem like I'm being nice and sweet, but... if my man knew what was good for him he'd run because the top's gonna blow, baby!!
That's where I was at yesterday. Fortunately I found a way to make a post office run that really takes 5 minutes maximum last 25 minutes. I took some time to feel sorry for myself, and then to pray. Guess which one works better! When I got home, the kids came running and screaming, "MOMMY'S HOME!!". I guess I was gone long enough for them.
Today, I feel ready to keep trying to do this marriage and family thing God's way. I sweetly asked my hubby what one thing would mean the most to him if I got it done today. You know what he wanted? NO, not THAT... he wanted me to get the hot pink area rug out of the front yard! Yeah, that's it!! WOW!! Easy one, yeah! But it was the one thing that would make home a better place to come home to at the end of the day!!

Now, why was there a hot pink area rug in the front yard, anyway? Well, about 3 nights ago, I woke up to my 5 year old crying out, "Mommy, the cat's gonna throw up!" to which I responded, "Push her off your bed!" So, the cat puked all over the hot pink area rug at 1:00 in the morning. I threw it outside and went back to bed. Then it rained, and rained and... and I didn't want to deal with it so we all stepped over and around it for about 3 days. Now, I would have been glad to step around it indefinitely, that's just how I am. If a thing sits in one place for a while, I just stop noticing it at all. I know, I'm really observant that way. But, it only took about 2 minutes to shake it off and throw it in the washer! Yay! There's one battle won!

1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
Love suffers long and is kind
love does not envy
love does not parade itself, is not puffed up
does not behave rudely
does not seek its own
is not provoked
thinks no evil
does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth
bears all things
believes all things
hopes all things
endures all things
LOVE NEVER FAILS.

No comments:

Post a Comment