Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Meet the Hillbilly Housewife

You can meet the Hillbilly Housewife here Cook Some Depression Era Meals - Frugal Challenge Monday Hillbilly Housewife Blog. I highly recommend it! She's put together some wonderful material, and has a great website. You can get lots of great frugal living tips here, like this post, giving some great bread ideas. I'm always looking for ideas on using stale bread. The one drawback to making homemade bread is its relatively short shelf life. Sometimes it gets stale before we're through with the loaf. Maybe this cooked bread idea will help!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I took a look at those youtubes on depression era cooking. The cooked bread would probably not go over big at my house. Also, it really isn't a very healthy one, unles the bread has some whole grains in it. The bread that this woman makes looks delicious, but I would think it would need some salt. I would definitely do some experimenting with it though. If I get it tweaked I'll let you know. If anyone else tries it out I'd love to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete