Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Feeding Whiskey Jacks

Dan took Molly and Sam on a camping trip into the Boundary Waters for the weekend on October 1st through the 3rd. They had a great time. No trip into the BWCA is complete without feeding the Whiskey Jacks (aka grey jays). The "little girls" and I stayed home this trip and had a blast doing our own thing. I took them to town for a day, complete with lunch at Sven-n-Ole's and ice cream at Sydney's. We snuggled in my bed watching movies, and reading stories. It really was a blast for all of us! It was also great to be back together again and share our stories with each other when the other half of our family got home. Family...what a word that is...

OK, the main point of this post was to share the great video Molly got of a whiskey jack eating out of her hand, but I never can seem to get the video's to upload. Grrr...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend time! I can't wait to get up there after Christmas, I'm really looking forward to our family becoming "whole" again and nothing to do except hang out together and relax! It's always hard for hubby to reintegrate into the family after a deployment, so down time is just what we need! Love that mum photo in your header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat that you and Dan both take/make the time to spend special time with your kids. You're making memories that they will remember all their lives. (Sad to say, I can't remember ever doing anything like that with either of my parents. But I think that was because of the era they were from . . . and the one I grew up in.)

    We saw our first whiskey jack here just yesterday. The first one we've seen in I-don't-know-how-long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin-
    I'm so excited for you and your family, and praying that NOTHING gets in the way of your good time!
    Mum's are amazing flowers, my fave for fall.
    Mama Pea-
    My mother can relate to what you say. She was one of 5 in a busy farm family. She says that they didn't really talk. She thinks that her parents just lived the way they hoped their kids would and hoped it rubbed off. You know, I think the best of it did, and I hope it's rubbed off on their grand children too! :)

    ReplyDelete