Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Catching Up...Again!

Anyone whos read this blog regularly know I've had trouble with both cameras and computers for a long while now.  I'm a very visual person, and not overly great with words, so I really rely on photos to round out my posts.  This has all stalled my blogging for a while now.  My camera has occasionally worked, and I've got some photos I've taken with the plan to blog about those things.  Unfortunately, the computers not working well has caused a serious backlog on posting.  Usually when the camera and computer cooperated at the same time, I had to take advantage of it to add something to my FB business page or my goat blog, as I wanted to sell some kids and advertise my herd.  I thought I'd share some of those collected photos with quick comments here, and we'll be caught up with some of what's gone on last fall and over winter.

My green bean crop was lousy lousy last summer.  When Mama Pea heard about it, she generously gave me the last of hers. :)
Thanks bunches, Mama Pea!  We enjoyed a lot of canned beans and dilly beans.


First batch out of the canner.

On the other hand , the tomatoes kept me really busy, both those ripened on the vine, and these which I'd stored in paper bags and ripened later in the fall.  This was October.  I still have a lot of frozen chopped tomatoes to use. :)

Canned more venison late fall.

Ate some lovely bacon wrapped venison tenderloin for Thanksgiving.

I thought I'd get farther into winter than this, but again the computer problems interfere.  Apparently, those photos are stored on another computer.  LOL!  It's been a bit crazy.  I'll have to leave that for another day.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Seeing the first picture of the girls with the beans threw me for a second! My brain was really scrambling trying to figure out how you got that harvest THIS time of year!! I froze all my beans this past year and am down to about one gallon left. Glad you enjoyed yours. I'm embarrassed to say I, too, still have bags of my huge "cherry" tomatoes in the freezer to use. I tried making tomato juice, but although my hubby said it was okay, I was not happy with it at all. I think I foresee one heckuva big batch of spaghetti sauce coming to my kitchen soon!

    Sorry 'bout all the computer and camera problems. We're dealing with finally biting the bullet and getting two new computers here. Ugh. But had to be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I threw you off, Mama Pea. :) Why is it we, the ones who make these things, are the ones who aren't happy with them? I bet I would have liked your tomato juice, and you'd probably like my sauce. Silly, we are! I made lentil chilli yesterday, and used up 2 quarts. And I liked it! :)

      Delete
  2. That wrapped venison looks delicious! Glad you got so many tomatoes, I know it's hard to do that far north!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin. It really was good! This year, with about 18 inches of new snow on April 19th, it doesn't seem like a good start to tomato growing. Truly, though, I'll take it instead of your 90 degrees! :)

      Delete