Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Learning To Write a Sentence


This is Hattie's "sentence story". She's at the point where she's ready to learn to write sentences. To help her along, I told her that she was going to write a sentence story. That seemed somehow more exciting than writing a sentence. She made up her story and drew the picture. I wrote the sentence, and she is in the process of copying it. I thought her picture was so cute, I had to share it. It's so exciting to see your children learning. I love this stage, when they learn to read and write. Fun fun!

1 comment: