Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Friday, March 26, 2010

Random Ramblings

I found out today that I have a follower! I'm honored that she (who happens to be my sister) deems me worthy of such. I have for MANY months been a most boring person to follow, since as you can see I haven't posted a blessed thing! I am gearing up, though. I should find some things to post about soon. I've got a few good recipes, and some "farm" type things to post soon. However, I don't have a camera! Mine bit the dust a while back. We haven't quite decided what to do about it. In the meantime, I'll be using my daughter's camera, which is currently working intermittently at best.

A friend recently posted a list of 25 random things about herself on her blog, and invited her friends to respond with a blog post of their own. I thought I might take a stab. Here goes...
1. I love to kayak, but am uncomfortable with being under water.
2. I want dairy goats.
3. I want to learn to spin (not the exercise, but yarn making).
4. I love to learn new things.
5. I don't like housework.
6. I like to make bread.
7. I wish I had been a nicer sister when I was a kid.
8. I wish I was a better wife and mother now.
9. I love to watch my chickens.
10. I love to wash and fold laundry, but hate to put it away.
11. I'm studying to be certified as a doula.
12. OH! Here's one! I don't shave my legs in the winter, but do paint my toenails all year.
13. We are getting meat rabbits to breed (and eat lots of rabbit meat) this spring.
14. I have a love hate relationship with country music. I love the sound, but hate the subject matter of most of it.
15. This is harder than I thought it would be.
16. I have one eye that's 1/2 brown and 1/2 sort of bluish green.
17. I don't think it's romantic to receive flowers; I'd rather receive something useful, like a blender, or a new frying pan, or cool measuring cups.
18. The coolest thing I was ever given was the crock that my son dug up in the back yard.
19. I love mangoes but my lips break out when I eat them. It itches terribly...but sometimes it's almost worth it.
20. I've had the following "pets" in my lifetime: earless and tailless cat I rescued from a snowbank, various other cats, toy poodle/cairn terrier named Tiny (and some German shepherds as a tiny tot), horse named Buck, two parakeets, various finches, many guinea pigs (the last being Gus and Matilda), many rabbits, and a pet rooster that followed me everywhere.
21. The "pets" I have now are a lab/border collie named Katie, a cat named Spider, and 7 chickens. My all time favorite pet is Katie. She's a great girl!
22. I home school, and LOVE it.
23. When I'm cleaning the house in a hurry, I stuff things in trash bags and put them in the basement.
24. I love to crochet.
25. I snore.

And there you have it! Twenty-five random things about me that you probably never needed to know. The 26th would be that I loved thinking of the first 25! I'll try to post something more worthwhile soon. It's nice to be back after so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment