Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Friday, May 21, 2010

Stuff

Okay, I just want to post! I don't have anything to say, though, really...

I planted some more of the garden. I really only have one section left that's ready to be planted now. It's pretty small this year. I've actually done more than just plant things and walk away, which is a big improvement over last year. I've weeded twice, and watered it every day!
I've planted:
-onion sets
-sugar snap peas
-snow peas
-carrots
-spinach

I'm not sure what I will finish with. I think maybe garlic, and...hmm...beets!? Yesterday, I read a blog post in which someone said that beets taste like dirt. Someone left a comment agreeing that they do indeed taste like dirt. I must like dirt, because I like beets. And beet greens. I wish I could eat some right now. Wilted, with butter and salt. Yummy!

Yesterday I finished cutting out all the pieces for the 2 remaining rabbit cages, and started to make door latches for them. I still have 6 latches to go. The wire for the latches if very stiff, but I think I'm winning the battle. I do have sore hand muscles, though, which is a new thing for me.

Now I have to go and do laundry. About 15 loads of it, I think. So, that's it for today!
Wouldn't these posts be so much more interesting with PICTURES!? Yes, I would like a new camera...but I would like a lot of things...and I don't need a lot of things...so I'm just going to wait, pray about priorities, and see what happens. Now off to the never ending laundry pile! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment