Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Feeling Thankful and Full of Wonder!

I'm so excited to be back online (with photos!!!) that it's hard for me to decide what to share first. It seems that so much has taken place since my last post. Summer is in full swing, and the gardens are growing. I look so forward to visiting the gardens every morning and seeing the little changes day by day...except on the mornings I discover little visitors have been wreaking havoc during the night. Thankfully there hasn't been too much damage yet, but I think I'm going to have to come up with something to keep them OUT! Here are a few garden pictures...

This is evidence of the deer who visited last night. Notice the ailing carrots. If there are still any left by fall, it doesn't seem like they'll be very big. Hopefully they'll start growing faster! The spinach has been growing nicely. I've picked it twice, and it was delish: However, this morning there were some extra leaves nibbled off, and some plants were pulled up...pesky deer.

The beets, also molested but holding up better than the carrots.

Heirloom squash: a gift from a dear friend!


Snow Peas

Yellow Onions


Sugar Snap Peas

God's plan is so amazing...all this in a little seed! I'm so overwhelmed with thankfulness and wonder this time of year!

I'm also very thankful for this new camera! It was hard to wait for it, but I'm so glad I did. I'll be back soon. Until then, may God's righ blessings be evident and may you be full of wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment