Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Empty Nest

When I went out to peek at the goldfinches this afternoon, there were only two left in the nest. Then right before my eyes, they flew! Oh, it was a scary sight to see them land on the grass, alone and so vulnerable! I'm having visions of the future, when one day I'll perhaps leave my first born at a college somewhere and drive away, her looking as little and vulnerable as those tiny birds. Uh-oh, tears! I'm so glad I get to keep her in the nest for more than eight days! Six years seems pretty short though...


Empty nest.


The little darling! I should have taken a picture from farther away, so you could see how tiny they looked on that big lawn.


Goodbye, sweet little ones! Come back and build your nests here next year, ok?

2 comments: