Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Crazy Blogger Problems

Hi all-
Blogger has gone haywire. Starting yesterday, I can't make comments on my own blog! Hmmm...
Any way, if I could I would have said thank you for your comments on M's photos. Judy- The lake is Lake Superior, which we can see from our house if we climb a tree. ;)
Erin, I hope soon you'll be here enjoying the view with us more often.
MamaPea- She has the same little camera you and I do, but she makes it seem like a lot more camera than I can. Hopefully she'll get to take some classes and get a better camera sometime during her high school years. That only gives me four years to see that it happens.

How much can one pack into four years? Homeschooling gives one so many opportunities to create electives and opportunities for her children. It is sometimes overwhelming to consider all of these at this point, as we jump off into the ocean of high school and (possibly) college prep. Oh Lord, help me!

2 comments:

  1. At least you don't have the problem at home that some kids are having in schools I heard of one today- I believe was in California, a kindergartner had brought pencils the shape of candy canes [ so I guess this happened a while ago] but the word Jesus was on them so she was not permitted to hand them out to friends , it got all blown out as usual- now hit the big news station [ whom I believe create news ,not report news ] but this kind. person does not have 1st amendment rights according to the courts well how old do you have to be to get them? I cherish the times we had Christmas programs for our children ,not only in school but at home. So, Patty,keep them children right at home if you choose to,at least you will be able to teach them what YOU want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at the climbing the tree part! Raising children is overwhelming at times, but if you are putting smiles on their faces and teaching them what's right, the rest will fall in to place, you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete