Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Counting Blessings #152 - 161

152) Maple trees in fall

153) Reluctant Pilgrim by Enuma Okoro - I'm reading this book so unlike any other I've ever read. It's about faith and community, but from a whole different angle than any I've ever looked at life from. It's extremely interesting, intellectual, sometimes dark and sometimes beautiful and touching me in some great ways.

154) time alone with littlest daughter

155) having the privilege of caring for little niece Bundle of Joy

156) the quiet in the house this morning - quiet is something that probably every mother wishes for at times. It was so incredibly quiet in this house this morning that I could hear the church bells down the road. That is rare indeed, and beautiful.

157) plans for a hike with new friends today

158) perfect autumn weather

159) clean floors (that doesn't happen nearly as often as it should, so it's a real treat)

160) new hay - the goats are thankful too! It's so nice to feed them something they like, and we've gone from about 50% waste of really bad hay to nearly zero waste with really nice hay. I feel so much better having found this. :)

161) time - Time is such a strange commodity. Time...Well, my brain just fell into such a deep hole thinking about the word time and its many facets that I think I might be stuck here for a while. I'm going to have to think about this. I'd like to make peace with time, because when I typed "time" here I realized that at this moment I feel thankful for time, but not always. Time is an enemy as well as a friend. Sometimes it seems as though there's not enough time and at other times it seems like too much. I hope I learn to be thankful for all the time I have, and see it all as a blessing.

I'm going to think about time all this week. How I feel about it, what I'm using it for, and I'll attempt to start each item on next Sunday's list with "Time for..." I think that thinking about time in this way might be a very good thing for me.

I wish all of you many, many blessings in the things you spend your time on/with this week. Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment