Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Friday, April 30, 2010

Hattie's Tadpoles

Hattie found some frog eggs in a pond on Wednesday, April 28. They're beginning to hatch today, April 30th. The tadpoles are unbelievably tiny and very still. We read that they will begin to move around after about 4 days. I hope that happens, but I did some things wrong when we got them. I wasn't prepared for them when she brought them home. They really didn't have enough water in the container for proper oxygenation, and we brought them into the house. We may have changed their water temperature too quickly or too much. They are, however, developing...so we shall see.

I did eventually answer Hattie's question about the mother frog. How cute that she left half of the eggs for the mother frog! She now knows that the mother "lays" (?) her eggs and then goes her merry way.


I just realized how much was going on in the background: temper tantrum, music, loud "talking" to child throwing tantrum...such is life at our house.

As a post script, I was watching YouTubes of goat kid castrations and dis budding. Yuck, yuck, and triple yuck! I don't know if I can do it...

1 comment:

  1. you have inspired us to go hunting for frog eggs or tadpoles today! :o) good luck with your babies!

    ReplyDelete