Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bear Tree Park

Sam and I got to have a "date" at Bear Tree Park yesterday. We had about an hour and a half between dropping the little girls off at Bible school and picking Molly up for swimming lessons. Here are some pics from our morning together. It is such a treat to get one on one time with the kids!









3 comments:

  1. How nice that you got some time to spend one-on-one! I am going to make sure each of my boys gets a big chunk of time (separately) with daddy when he gets back from deployment. The first couple of deployments they were so young they still were "mom's boys" but now as they get older they really need their dad. I don't think they would enjoy a date with me now, they are sick of seeing me 24/7 LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he's pretty handsome too! It was really great to get to hear what's on his mind. He's a really great kid.
    I have a cousin and a niece who each had babies just a week or so before their husbands deployed. One is back now, and one has a number of months left. It's been tough to watch them all go through. You all are in my prayers, Erin. From where I am, it appears you're doing a WONDERFUL job!

    ReplyDelete