Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Dan's Birthday Dinner

It was Dan's birthday on Friday, but we really didn't have time to celebrate, so we had a birthday dinner yesterday. I had LOTS of fun cooking for him, and made a huge mess of the kitchen! :)HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had this wonderful salad with fresh lettuce, onion, pea pods and sliced beets from the garden and organic cucumbers and peppers. I made raspberry vinaigrette dressing with fresh picked raspberries. It as a great salad! I think I'm going to go get some more as soon as I'm done here.

I made two apple pies. There's about half a pie left, and the rest I think I'm wearing on my tummy! Unfortunately that's my fat collecting area. It's caused more than a few people to ask if I'm expecting, or when my baby is due. The REAL embarrassing moments are when touchy people actually pat my non-prego belly while asking! Ugh!


We also had potatoes that I grilled in foil with olive oil, basil, sea salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese and MEAT! Oh, I'm wearing the potatoes now too! They are my downfall!! I have an excuse: I'm Norwegian. Aren't potatoes a food group all their own?

4 comments:

  1. Yes! I am Irish and I agree - potatoes ARE a food group LOL! Everything looks scrumptious! Your husband is very lucky, you look like you put one heck of a table on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome looking dinner,Patty.Looks like a lot of work. I'm sure Dan appreciated all that effort.
    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that salad looks WONDERFUL! Would you consider putting your recipe for the raspberry dressing in a blog post? Pretty please?

    Happy belated birthday to your handsome hubby.

    It's a curse of womanhood that our fat goes to our bellies, butts, and thighs. Does it ever go to our bazooms? Noooooooo . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DID mean to put the "recipe" for the dressing in this blog post, but I forgot because my kids were breathing down my neck. I have to fight them for the computer. :) I'll do that right away!

    ReplyDelete