Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Counting Blessings #138 - 151

138) fall leaf hikes - crisp leaves, earthy smell, beauty

139) five days at home - This time in quarantine has been just what I needed. Staying home for five whole days without taxiing anyone around has been very nice, and having my family to myself for that time has been great too!

140) nicely trimmed goat hooves - After around four corrective trimmings on Cupcake, she's finally getting a nice flat hoof to walk on, and her trims are going faster. Hooray for that!

141) home grown golden delicious and gala apples - Thanks, Mike and Donna!

142) organic, grass fed beef - This is SO exciting to me! The sweet folks who I doulad for last ordered a quarter of beef for us in exchange for my time with them. Talk about a huge blessing! It was a blessing just being there for them, and we will be receiving this wonderful gift as well. I'm so very thankful.

143) seven freshly processed chickens in the freezer - Yesterday Dan and I processed the seven white orpington chickens that managed to keep away from predators. We did it by ourselves for the first time, and it went pretty well.

144) gaining skills and confidence

145) learning new things - I hope I never stop!

146) Small Farmer's Journal - Dan and I have been enjoying a stack of these for a while now. I like that it gives us ideas to talk over and try out. Lots of fun having projects to work on as a couple.

147) the amazing abundance of tomatoes that grew this year - more than I hoped for - Thank you, God of Wonders!

148) golden aspen leaves against bright blue sky - how could I not be happy with such beauty to see?

149) beautiful weather - It feels like we're getting a real fall this year. The leaves seem to be changing a bit slower than usual, and staying around longer. The weather has been fantastic! I'm soaking up as much of it as I can.

150) a baking day - It seems so long since I've baked anything. It was nice to have some baking time, since the produce isn't keeping me so busy. I made granola and whole wheat crackers. Those wouldn't have been my children's favorite choices. Next chance I get, it's going to be Roman apple cake, and apple crisp. The kids will be much more happy with my choices. I still have over a bushel of apples to process.

151) a day to pause and be thankful - I hope I never stop!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, yes! Lovely, lovely, lovely, as usual. Having you to put it all down in words helps me to remember how grateful I am for some of the very same things.

    Chicken butchering is on the schedule for us next weekend . . . our over abundance of roosters from this years ordered chicks and, sad to say, some of our oldest hens who are no longer producing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. boy,I'm thankful for you that those people gave you the beef and grass fed at that-I'm still thankful for my continued good fortune with Jerry. the 2nd round of chemo seems to be going OK ---only time will tell,another cat scan on the 16-but 4 trips to the VA before than-lots of reading catch up time oh and thankful for my apples and thankful for a nice neighbor who ordered me a subscription to redbook mag and I think a couple more.not sure yet.AND I'M ALSO THANKFUL THAT PATTY AND HER FAMILY ARE RECOVERING NICELY WITH NO COMPLICATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it nice when you finally get a chance to have a day to bake? It always sets me on the right track. :) Thanks again for your list of blessings. It's another one of those things that puts me on the right track. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ladies are terrific!

    Judy - I'm so glad you're finding so many things to be thankful for! Glad Jerry seems to be holding his own, too! God bless you two, and all your trips to the VA and back.
    Dear, you really should have a blog all your own. I would love to set one up for you and help you learn to use it, if you're interested. No pressure though, if you're not interested. Just keep chiming in where you can! I love catching snippets of your life in everyone's comments too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete