Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Two More Winners

I'm pleased to introduce you to two more Liebster (dear, sweet, kind, nice, good, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome) women!



Mama Pea at A Home Grown Journal is a real homestead lady. There are two very lovely homesteads in our area that are built with her (and Papa Pea and even Chicken Mama's) blood, sweat and tears. The first is being enjoyed by another couple now, but they are both lovely and well laid out little farms. Mama and Papa Pea are wonderful folks, and full of wisdom about many, many homestead type things. Honey bees, solar power, gardening, poultry, cottage cheese making, kefir, dairy goats (which they had on the "old place"), canning, baking...You really should meet them. You'll be so glad you did!

and

Erin at Garden Now Think Later is another woman who writes a truly happenin' blog. Her life is always full, and right now it's a bit more full than usual. She and her hubby and boys are in the middle of a big transition right now. Those of us who've gotten to know her through her blog, and are fortunate to have her big transition end with a move to MN, can't wait until it's complete! She is truly an amazing gardener...in Virginia, no less...in the SUMMER, no kidding! She's also an accomplished espresso maker (and drinker), knitter, food preserver, military wife, and wonderful mother to two really great boys.
She's also very organized. I just had to throw that in because I have no idea what that is (except it looks GREAT!), or how it works, and it amazes me. It would still amaze me even if that's ALL she did, but as you've read, it's not. You should definitely get to know her!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much but I made the decision a while back not to participate in award giving because I read so many wonderful blogs that I would feel badly singling out 1 or 2 or 5 to pass the award along to. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by not naming them . . . sort of like not getting picked for a team in school! Please understand, Patty, that I really do appreciate your kindness and lovely words though. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Mama Pea, no problem! I totally understand where you're coming from, and that's fine. I could say great things about each and every blog I read, that's for sure. If I didn't like them, I wouldn't be reading them, right!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet, Patty, and thank you! Gosh, you make it sound like I'm actually getting stuff accomplished around here LOL! Likewise, I love reading about your adventures - although you are actually getting to live them already (yay, goats!) and I have a ways to go :)

    ReplyDelete