Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Counting Blessings #98 - 107

98) abundance of tomatoes

99) health all around (It's been a while since we've all been healthy at the dame time, and I'm SO THANKFUL for that!)

100) reaching 100 blessings to be thankful for :)

101) community youth soccer

102) clean goat barn and trimmed hooves

103) great first week of school

104) My Father's World curriculum, for holding up a high standard for my children, and giving them a schedule to follow that wasn't created by me. My children don't try to bargain as much when there's a nebulous "someone out there" who created their assignments. It's working well so far!

105) The guys at Math Teaching Textbooks for creating a wonderful program that allows me to successfully teach increasingly difficult math effectively.

106) all the wonderful things to discover and learn about - it never gets old!

107) Baby niece Bundle of Joy - her enthusiasm and joy are so infectious!


4 comments:

  1. THANK GOD FOR YOUR MANY BLESSINGS,I'M ON MY WAY OUT THE DOOR TO SPEND IT WITH MY HUSBAND AT THE VA HOSPITAL. HE WAS TAKEN OFF CHEMO-IT MADE HIM BUILD UP 21 LBS OF FLUID IN HIS LEGS AND AROUND HIS LUNGS ,I AM THANKFUL TO HAVE MORE TIME WITH JERRY-YESTERDAY I PICKED UP A ELLIE MAGAZINE OFF A TABLE TO READ AT THE HOSPITAL,YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT THEY HAD IN THERE-GOAT BOOTS,SHAPED LIKE A GOATS HEAD FOR THE TOE SHAPE-HOW SHAMEFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blessings, all! And Judy, I'm keeping you in my thoughts, you are a strong woman to be dealing with all this stress and illness and still are able to share in the joys and tribulations of the rest of us! Keep strong, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy Howdy! I've got to echo Erin's thoughts regarding you, Judy! Most people in your current circumstance would be wallowing in the "poor me" syndrome but you keep your chin up and great sense of humor going full blast. Don't forget we're all hear to share in your down times, too. Then we all can send you strength to make those times not quite so hard.

    Patty, as always, a great list. Seems to me last week I said I was going to start writing down my own list of abundant blessings. That thought must have fallen out of my head like so many others! (Gotta start wearing ear plugs.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy- I agree with Mama Pea and Erin, and I'm so glad to be a part of your journey as you walk this broken road. Someone once described life's journey as a broken road that lead them straight to God. I love that description of life. I think in a sense we're all traveling our own broken roads. I'm so happy for those whom I've shared parts of my journey with, including YOU! My prayers continue for both Jerry and you.
    Erin- I find you to be such an encouraging person! You really bless and inspire me. You are so positive, and so good at building people up.

    Mama Pea- I chuckled BIG at the thought of wearing ear plugs to keep the thoughts in your head. I SO WISH there was such a fix for leaking thoughts.

    ReplyDelete