Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Difficult Task Completed...Drumroll Please!

AND THE WINNERS (in no particular order) ARE...

Sherry over at Russ-stick Acres writes a great blog. I love seeing glimpses of her life; Wee-house, (and it's wee-wee house ;), the goats and other critters both on and around her homestead. Her faith is inspiring to me as well. In some ways she had a rough year, but she looked for and found God and His blessings in the difficulties of it. That's BIG, seeing God not as the cause of our trouble, but the One who wants to help us THROUGH it. Thanks, Sherry, for the encouraging example!

You are a true


lady! Absolutely dear, sweet, kind, nice, good, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome!


I just realized I won't have time to finish this today, but I can't wait to start sharing these awesome women with you. So, I'm going to share in stages. If that means some of my chosen blogs earn this award from someone else before I share them with you, they'll be receiving it more than once. :) Have a great time getting to know Sherry!

3 comments:

  1. Suspense is near torture! You are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...thank you Patty! I'm truly honored. Yes, even though we started the year with a bang, with my early retirement from the State of Michigan, (allowing me to join my husband as we work on our small farm) we were met with some interesting "joys" along the way. The biggest when my husband, Russ, was on crutches this summer due to a horseback riding accident. However, through it all, we "count it all joy"!! Because it is true...suffering produces perseverance! Thank you for adding me to the list of Liebster Blog recipients! I am looking forward to meeting many more amazing folks out in the land of Blogs...where we get an intimate look into the households and hearts of kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when I get to find new blogs to read, especially when they come so highly recommended! Congrats to the both of you...looking forward to seeing who else you picked so I can visit them too! :)

    ReplyDelete