Pages

Every time you feel in God's creatures something pleasing and attractive, do not let your attention be arrested by them alone, but, passing them by, transfer your thought to God and say: "O my God, if Thy creations are so full of beauty, delight and joy, how infinitely more full of beauty, delight and joy art Thou Thyself, Creator of all!
- Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain

You can’t get to joy by making everything perfect. You can only get there by seeing in every imperfection all that’s joy.
-Ann Voscamp

Friday, September 2, 2011

First Week of School

As mentioned, this was our first week of school. We had a really productive first week, but I'm exhausted! This is going to take some serious getting used to.

On Monday we had a patriotic red, white and blue snack (since we were talking about the U.S. Flag and the Pledge of Allegiance for U.S. History/Geography. I love this picture! They were so excited to eat this yummy snack, and it shows in the photo. Fun, fun, fun!


7 comments:

  1. Well who wouldn't be excited for a snack like that! Happy Back to Homeschooling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey,we never got that good stuff when I was in school-no wonder your girls love home schooling

    ReplyDelete
  3. If my teachers had done things like this, I'd have paid better attention! Way to make it real!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beauty of schooling at home. Can I have one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorie- I would LOVE it if we gals could all sit down and have one of these snacks together! How fun it would be to meet all of you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great picture! And now I'm hungry :)

    ReplyDelete